Maintaining the most recent version of the firmware is necessary for your Wavlink WiFi repeater to operate correctly. But what happens if you don’t succeed? Have you ever considered it? If not, you must act right away!
You might not be able to upgrade the firmware on your Wavlink WiFi repeater for a variety of reasons. Scroll down and read this piece of writing to learn more about what we are referring to in detail.
Why Are You Unable to Update Your Device’s Firmware?
The main causes of your inability to upgrade the firmware of your Wavlink repeater are listed below along with options to fix the problem:
1. Does your laptop have adequate storage?
Your laptop’s lack of available storage space is one of the main causes of your inability to upgrade your Wavlink. It is advised that you clear some space on your laptop before attempting to download the most recent firmware.
2. You could have chosen the incorrect firmware.
The fact that you choose the incorrect firmware version is another significant factor contributing to your Wavlink repeater firmware update problem. Therefore, be careful to select the appropriate firmware. Keep in mind that it only takes one incorrect click to send you over the line and into situations that will be much harder for you to handle.
3. Would you mind testing your internet connection?
You run the risk of messing up the Wavlink firmware update procedure if your home or workplace’s internet connection isn’t fast enough. As a result, ensure the connection between your WiFi router and the repeater is safe. It is advised that you now connect your WiFi devices via an Ethernet cable if you had previously connected them wirelessly.
Once a reliable connection has been made between your devices, try accessing the Wavlink WiFi repeater setup wizard to check if you can upgrade the firmware of your device without any problems or not. Otherwise, scroll down and continue reading.
4. Do you frequently halt the flow of events?
The frequent interruption is another issue that can be keeping you from updating the repeater’s software. We’re trying to suggest that you may be working in the background while the firmware upgrade is happening. Avoid doing it! Try to use your smartphone less and less until the firmware update procedure is finished, if at all possible.
After trying these suggestions, carefully upgrade the firmware of your Wavlink WiFi range repeater according to the instructions below:
Here’s How to Upgrade Wavlink Repeater Firmware
• Turn on your WiFi repeater from Wavlink.
• Use a cable to connect the repeater to the WiFi router.
• Visit the Wavlink WiFi repeater’s official website.
• Select Settings, then seek the option labeled “Firmware Update.”
• Click the Download button if any firmware updates are available for the extender model you have.
• After the file has been downloaded, store it on your computer in a secure location.
• To upgrade the firmware of your Wavlink WiFi range repeater, go to the setup wizard of your Wavlink by entering the Wavlink default password.
• Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the Wavlink firmware upgrade process.
Note: It is advised that you access the default IP address if you wish to upgrade the firmware of your repeater without any hassle.
We hope that the troubleshooting tips given in this post were able to assist you in resolving the Wavlink repeater firmware update failure problem. Let us know in the comments whether you can now make the most of your device or not. If not, restore your Wavlink to default settings and configure it again from the beginning.