With the RockSpace AC2100 WiFi Router, you can easily create a home network and connect all of your devices to it. This is especially useful for homes and offices. If you are planning to purchase this device, then here are the steps you will require for Rockspace router setup:
Connect to Your Modem
Connect the modem to the router. The first thing you need to do is connect your modem to the router. To do this:
- Unplug the modem from its power source and then remove it from its packaging.
- Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into each of them.
- The other end will go into the “internet” port on your router.
- Connect a second Ethernet cable between another “internet” port on your router and any other device, such as a computer or laptop.
Plug in the Router And Connect to it.
Now that you’ve got the modem and router, you can plug them into power. Make sure that everything is turned off before connecting the cables. Otherwise, you might get a shock or damage some equipment. Then, simply follow these instructions:
1 Connect your laptop to the new WiFi signal of your modem.
2 Connect your phone or tablet to the new WiFi signal of your modem.
Download the Rock Space App
The first thing you’ll want to do is download the Rock Space app from either the App Store or Google Play. Once you’ve installed it, launch it and enter your email address. If you don’t have an account, create one by tapping “Create New Account.”
Once you’re logged in, tap “Home Network” to start setting up your router. You’ll need to name your network (the default option is “Home”) and choose a password for it. Then tap “Save Changes.” Now all that’s left is to add devices to your home network by tapping on their names in the top right corner of the screen. Note that this will prompt them for authorization codes if necessary.
How to Add a New Device
To add a new device to your network, simply follow these steps:
- Press the LCD panel button on the back of your router for about 3 seconds.
- It will flash green and blue to indicate that it has been reset.
- Scan the QR code or enter the MAC address of your new device in order to add it to your existing WiFi network.
- This method is compatible with devices running Android or iOS.
- If you’re using Windows 10 or macOS, you’ll need an additional software app called Rock Space App.
- The RS application is available on iTunes and Google Play.
- If you have a web browser open on one of those platforms, click here for instructions on Rockspace router setup through its browser-based interface;
- Otherwise, go ahead and download Rock Space App from either Google Play Store or iTunes Store before proceeding to the next step.
Setup Your Home Network With Rock Space App
Register your devices and set up your home network with the Rock Space App. You now have a wifi network to power all of your devices connected throughout your home. With the app, you can connect each device, monitor traffic, and control what’s on the network. If you want to add more devices, simply add an LCD panel and extend the Rock Space system even further.
Know About The LED Indicators
The LED colour indicates the status of the power, internet, and network on the Rock Space AC2100 router.
- Green: The router is connected to the internet and ready to use.
- Orange: The router is connected to the internet but not ready to use yet. You can wait for it to connect or restart it.
- Red: The router is not connected to the internet and needs to be reset or restarted.
If you’re having trouble connecting to your Rockspace AC2100 router, you may need to reset the device. To do this, follow these steps for Rockspace router setup
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the router and plug it back in after 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, unplug the power cord again and wait another 30 seconds before plugging it back in again.
- Wait at least two minutes before trying to connect to your network or accessing any websites or apps on your computer or phone.
To Sum Up
Using the AC2100 WiFi Router, first, connect the new device to your modem. Then, download the Rock Space app and create an account. Thereafter, you can add a device and set up your home network with Rock Space App. To extend your router’s range, you can go for a Rockspace wifi extender setup. It works great for this purpose.